Thursday, April 06, 2006

Another Roadside Attraction

I was disappointed to find that one of the great roadside attractions of my youth--Little America-- has gone legit. Gone are the claims of giant souvenir stands and boasts about the number of gas pumps, in fact I couldn't really tell if the Little America Company runs the Little America Truck Stop anymore. It's a shame that a company seems to be putting its tacky and fun beginnings behind it. More pictures:

Late 1950s
Fuel Tanks

Not related to Little America, but a spooky photo

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I've been off the road for so long. My last cross country trip was in 1980 and now I'm always surprised by how much things have changed from the good old days of travel via the interstate highways.

Thanks for the update on Little America.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home