Tuesday, June 06, 2006

House of Wax

My thoughts now turn to summer travel as we head into June. While researching vacation options I came across the sad news that another classic tourist spot in California has closed.

Yes, I'm sad to report that the Movieland Wax Museum is closed. The Movieland Wax Museum was always a great site to visit while at Disneyland, California. It had a large display and an unusually well done wax figures of the stars featured in scenes from their movies. In addition, to the figures the scenes often featured props used in making the movie depicted.

I can't remember the star, but I do remember a classic Dusenberg that was a part of the display. I'll miss seeing that Dusenberg next time I'm in SoCal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I wonder if computer generated animation is part of the reason for the decline of wax musuems? You don't really need to recapture the mood of a by gone moment anymore because you can do a darn site better job with a computer than a block of wax.

Look at 'Pearl Harbor' (forget for the moment the plot sucked) the attack by the Japanese was excellent. Gave you the feeling you were there. You can recall or recreate history and have it move and speak now. No need for the static display.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Diligent Blogger said...

An evil computer animator simply doesn't have the same terror as Vincent Price's role as curator of the Wax Museum. Somehow, being turned into 0s and is different than being encased im molten wax.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home