Thursday, November 30, 2006

Are You Going To Believe Your Lying Eyes?

This week as the Seattle area was suffering from an unseasonal snow and freezing temperatures I found myself asking the question: "Where is my global warming?" I want sunshine and palm trees.

While I write these words tongue in check I couldn't let pass this opportunity to knock the logic of the global warming true believers, which is reflected in this headline from The New Scientist web site:

Heavy rainstorms more frequent in Indian monsoon
Global warming should increase the total rain falling during the monsoons – the new work may help explain why it has not
If it's 90 degrees on July 4th, it's a sign of the coming apocalypse. However, any cooler temps are mere variations in the record. This isn't just bad science, it's science fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home