Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Blast (Literally) from the Past






I love (and miss) the 80s. It was a time of big hair, Lacoste polo shirts, and heavy metal.

But, It wasn't all fun and music. There was the threat of world destruction from the most horrid of possible deaths--Nuclear Winter!

Eventually it was decided that while a nuclear war would be bad for most living things on Earth a nuclear winter was not a really part of the deal.

Until today that is. A news article tells us that if global warming doesn't roast us, then nuclear overcast will freeze us.

Gosh! I hope this means Duran Duran will start touring again.

Now, where did I put my old polo shirts???

3 Comments:

Blogger Diligent Blogger said...

Oh my God! You mean polo's are out of style! Like I don't remeber getting the memo.

I miss the 80s as well and the punks, new wavers and emos. Beat the 70s hand down.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I think you should still hang on to your polo shirts given a 50/50 chance of global warming or nuclear winter. Polo shirts are sure thing for the future, because:

If we have global warming, we're going need cool but stylish looking wear, which polo shirts fit the bill perfectly.

If we get nuclear winter, polo shirts are vastly superior to regular T-shirts as underwear. Not only do they provide additional insulation, but they also do a better job of wicking perspiration away from the skin. In addition, the handy flip-up color is perfect for protecting your neck from chaffing caused by wool Pendleton shirts.


Additionally, I would recommend investing in such companies as Lacoste or Polo. The sudden surge in demand for polo shirts makes them a sure bet for growth. If you like long shots you could also buy stock in the La Tigre brand, but as I said this is a high risk investment.

Let's all look good and make money out of the coming global apocalypse.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Diligent Blogger said...

Wow! You've just given me an idea: the Global Warming Mutual Fund. Carrier (air conditioners), solar cell companies, and stylish summer wear clothing firms.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home